The War On Guns has a link to a debate forum where the candidates for chairman of the Republican National Committee will be debating. Users can post questions and vote for questions to be asked of the candidates. This is a chance to get some significant input into the Republican Party's direction over the next few years. David's a little peeved that no one seems to be helping out on the political end, so this is me doing my part. Now, you go do yours. The deadline is tomorrow (Monday, Jan 5th) so I really do mean NOW.
UPDATE: Here are some of the questions you might want to vote for.
Lately the Republican party has ignored three major elements of the
coalition: gun owners, small-government proponents, and fiscal
conservatives. The response to Sarah Palin's selection as VP by an
otherwise miserable top-ticket presidential candidate should make it
obvious to the party where the passion is. I would like each candidate
for RNC chair to name three things:
1) Name one federal gun control law which violates the 2nd Amendment
(DC's restrictions do not count) and explain how you will work to
remove this unConstitutional law.
2) Name one federal beaurocracy which is not Constitutionally
authorized, and explain how you will work to remove it.
3) Name one significant position the party has taken in the past that
you feel is incorrect, explain why, and how you will act to correct the
Are you willing to unequivocally support the Second Amendment,
1) Unequivocal opposition to any so-called "Assault Weapons Ban."
2) Opposition to any ban on magazine capacity, types of ammunition,
3) Opposition to any attempt to subvert at a federal level
state-approved concealed carry laws.
4) Support for concealed carry rights on a national level.
5) RELENTLESS opposition to any federal registration schemes, whether
on firearms, ammunition, etc.
The GOP has treated those of us "under the tent" because of Second
Amendment issues as the "crazy uncles in the closet" for far too long!
The GOP must embrace the Second Amendment if we are to embrace the GOP.
Host & Producer
THE BEST DEFENSE
This entry was published Sun Jan 04 11:15:13 CST 2009 by TriggerFinger
and last updated 2009-01-04 11:15:13.0.